During the last decades there has been a change towards mechanization and homogenization of farming, which uses pesticides, additives, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers and mass-production techniques. All this is clearly affecting mankind’s health, and new diseases are spreading rapidly amongst humans and animals.
The World Health Organization produces reports to show how the use of chemicals and other products on food, coupled with the manufacturing processes involved, are actually a threat for our health.
If you have space for a few pots or even a small piece of land, it is a wise decision to grow your own organic vegetable garden. Make your own compost from kitchen waste etc. Here we have seven reasons for doing this:
- You should not use additives in your vegetables. Research by organic food associations has shown that additives in our food can cause heart diseases, osteoporosis, migraines and hyperactivity.
- You don’t have to use pesticides or synthetic fertilizers used in your own garden. These chemical products are applied to boost crops regardless of plagues or weather conditions, and they detrimentally affect the quality of the vegetables. Besides, pesticides are usually poisonous to humans.
- Your vegetables will not be genetically modified (GM). Antibiotics, drugs and hormones are used on vegetables to grow more and larger ones. GMO results in all your vegetables looking all the same and are usually tasteless. Besides, we end up consuming the hormones that have been used on the vegetables, with the potential risks for our health.
- Eating your own organic vegetables will be much more healthy for you. They will not contain any of the products or chemicals named above, and they will be much more natural than any ones you would find at the supermarket. Your health will not be at risk because you will then know that nothing has been added to your vegetables.
- Your own organic vegetables will be much more tasty. The use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, hormones and antibiotics make vegetables grow unnaturally and take the taste away from them. With organic vegetables, your cooking will be enhanced as their flavor will show fully.
- Organic farming is friendly to the environment. Because you won’t use pesticides or other equally harming products on your vegetables, you will not damage the soil or the air with the chemical components.
- When you grow your own organic vegetables you are contributing to your own self-sustainability and the sustainability of the planet. Small communities have been founded where members exchange products that they grow naturally, thus contributing to create a friendly and better place for us all.
In the end, eating organic products only means that we do not add anything else to them than they would naturally have. And, additives, fertilizers, pesticides or hormones are not components of naturally grown food.
To better care for your health, grown your own organic vegetables -and a few pots is all you need. Amazon has lovely indoor grow rooms that facilitate all year growth of herbs and vegetables (and orchids …). Use these grow rooms for middle and large plants, and 2-Tiered 12″X24″X80″ and other sizes nursery area which is perfect for propagation & seedlings. You could grow seedlings at the 2-tier small tent, and transfer them to the larger tent after they grow taller.
Worm farms for worm wee natural fertilizer
There are Worm Farms that generate very concentrated natural worm wee to nourish plants. Its an option not often thought of as an option. Here is some interesting information about buying a worm farm and what it’s all about. Very interesting and something to learn about and consider.