Yellow Dock is a great source of iron and Vitamin C and can be taken before or after meals to help digestion.
Yellow Dock provides iron that is easily absorbed into the body so it’s a perfect blood-building herb for anemia, pregnancy, blood-deficiency, heavy menstrual bleeding, flooding in menopause, or any trauma where a lot of blood has been lost. It is amazing to restore the mother’s strength after a difficult childbirth. How can you check if you might be anemic? The most unscientific way is to pull down your bottom eyelid. There you can see how red your blood is or not. But your doctor should be able to tell you, anyway.
It is mildly laxative so it is not like the constipating iron supplements commonly available. 1 tablespoon a day of this concentrated tea is all you need to start re-building iron reserves.
This formula builds blood and restores healthy Iron levels. The Iron Count in the blood improves and normalizes week by week. The molasses is a nutrient powerhouse. Yellow Dock also cleanses the blood of impurities.
- 4 oz. Yellow Dock Root – Cut herb
- 4 cups Distilled Water
- 4 tablespoons Black Strap Molasses or Honey
- Put 4 oz. Yellow Dock herb into a glass quart jar and cover with boiling Distilled Water.
- Let sit overnight. Next day, empty into pan and heat on the stove on low, uncovered.
- Do not boil. Simmer to reduce to about 1-1/2 Cups.
- Strain and squeeze through muslin or calico cloth.
- Add 4 Tablespoons of Molasses or Honey. Refrigerate.
- Dose: 1 Tablespoon per day (2 Tablespoons if symptoms are severe)