Herbal Mouth Rinse
To make this Mouth Rinse you need to buy some herbs not usually found in your kitchen. This is a good exercise and these herbs can be added to your herb collection and be available to be used in other Homemade Herbal Recipes. Use it to keep your mouth fresh and clean and just to think about all the good you have working to keep your mouth healthy.
- 6 ml (or 2 1/4 tsp) Plantain tincture (Plantago lanceolata)
- This is a vulnerary, demulcent, anti-inflammatory, astringent, antimicrobial
- 6 ml Beebalm (Monarda fistula)
- This is an antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, stimulant, styptic
- 6 ml Peppermint tincture (Mentha piperita)
- This is a flavor enhancement, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, analgesic
- 6 ml Oregon Grape root tincture (Mahonia aquifolium)
- This is an antimicrobial
- 6 ml Chamomile tincture (Matricaria recutita)
- This is an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, vulnerary and flavor enhancer
- Combine all tinctures together in a 30 ml dark brown glass bottle.
- To use, place 5 – 8 drops into a 1 oz shot glass which is filled with water.
- Rinse the mouth vigorously after brushing and at least 3 times per day.